Start online clothing store in 5 steps
In this article I would like to talk about creating an online clothing store, as right now is the best time to go for it!
With the growing demand for online products and simple online tools that can help you to be present as a business online, it is now easier than ever to start your own online clothing store. Various e-commerce platforms, online marketing, and other tools will surely help you to jump-start your online clothing store. But, of course, it is important to always be engaged and excited about your business processes yourself as well. Here are first 5 simple steps on your way to success:
Step 1: Do what you good at
Before even starting an online store, make sure to spend some time on strategic decisions that are going to influence your business ( including online business) a lot. Study your market, know your clients and competitors, think about what you are best at and make it your advantage. Your online store will require a lot of efforts, time and dedication from you, so make sure you do what you enjoy to do, your future shopper will be able to easily feel this.
Step 2: Be bold and ready for action
As online clothing stores are first of all the children of creative entrepreneurs, you have an opportunity to learn from the best and working practices of theirs. The truth is, your eCommerce store is not only plain creativity, drawing, combining different colors and textures. On top of it, it is also lots of work, risks, ups and downs. You have to be able to always make quick decisions, be fast and innovative.
There are a lot of things you will need to constantly keep a close eye on:
- what kinds of products are in trend;
- creating a bigger variety of what you offer;
- SEO of your online store;
- email campaigns;
- technical questions.
There is really nothing to worry about, you just have to prepare yourself for dealing with two main parts of your new business: creative and administrative. You may be the person who can effectively combine those roles and make your business strive all by yourself - and this is really great! But if not, make sure to have the other part covered by a professional and reliable person.
Step 3: Set up your online store
Nowadays no one even doubts the fact that eCommerce is slowly and steadily becoming dominating the market anymore. More and more people across the globe switch to online shopping because of numerous reasons. According to the latest research, 53% of Americans, for instance, are online shoppers and 63.5% of those are making purchases from their mobile devices, and these numbers keep growing every day.
Also, we have recently learned one more lesson from the COVID-19 situation (business-wise): you want your business to be as flexible and as easy to reach for your clients as possible. And there is nothing closer to your clients than their own phone. Let us take a look at a few advantages and disadvantages of having an eCommerce business.
- You don’t have to pay rent, utility bills, and multiple employees.
- You can create your own eCommerce clothing store using an eCommerce platform( for example, Shopify) pretty fast.
- All the headaches of the technical part can be taken away by professionals while you focus on the creativity part. Remember: the theWebAve agency is always here for you!
- You can still have a physical clothing store and use an online Shopify store to maximize your reach and profits.
- If you start your online store from the very zero, you will still have some business-related expenses, like paying for a domain and building your website.
- If you pick an eCommerce platform, it might involve a monthly subscription payment and some minor restrictions.
Step 4: Your product design
It is well-known that it is very hard to find good clothes, imagine how hard it is to create them! There are quite a few things here to be taken into consideration:
- Coming up with the design. It is not enough to have a good idea, it is crucial to be able to make it come true. If you do not know how to implement your ideas, make sure to take a consultation with a designer or, in our case, feel free to ask TheWebAve Team for help.
- Target audience. You always have to think not only from your own, but most importantly, from your customers’ perspective. They are going to be buying it based on their tastes and preferences, so make sure to always keep those in mind. Be bold, don’t be afraid to experiment and find out what your clients like the most.
- Types of fabric and styles, what the clients are going to use it for ( should the fabric be thin or thick, stretchable or not that much, and so on).
- Final result. You have to be sure about every little detail from A to Z. You should make such a product that you would buy yourself, you have to be the first to “trust” your brand.
Step 5: Optimize and improve your brand.
Just because you opened an online store, does not mean that you will have customers right away. In order to draw clients’ attention to your eCommerce store, you have to work hard on your presence on the market, presence online and in social media, you need to create a really good content about your products.
When you think of the ways to promote your brand, think of the people who surround you. Maybe there are some photographers or makeup artists among them, the more talented people are involved - the better!
Again, do not hesitate to ask for professional help from others, let people do what they are best at, and see your company grow very fast. I hope that this article was inspiring for you and gave you the motivation to start your business online! There are multiple pros and cons you have to think of, but if you are really passionate about it, just go for it! We are always here for you, ready to help and give you confidence in the success of your business.